Hello everyone! I’m back today with March’s income and I have to admit, I was really happy with how the month turned out. This month I made more from my blog than I ever have. Let’s just hope I can keep that going from here on out!
So, without further ado, the March blog income report …
This graph shows my blog income from the past 4 months. I accidentally deleted the old file, so I don’t have the past 9 months anymore, but you can look back at previous income reports to get an idea of where I was last May.
AFFILIATE LINKS — 45%
Affiliate links made up the biggest chunk of my blog income this month. As always, this is what I got paid out this month, not what I earned this month. My commission from this past month was more than last, so I’ll get paid out for that in a few months. was nearly double this month from last month, so I’ll be looking forward to that paying out in a few months. Bluehost paid out well this month and I’m not sure why more people were landing on that page as I wasn’t promoting it.
AD NETWORKS – 1%
Ads continue to be one of those things that continue to bring in a little bit of income, but nothing major. Lijit is working best for me and I don’t have to do anything special, just drop in codes! This month it just brought in a tiny chunk, but hey, every little bit counts, right?
SPONSORED CONTENT & COLLABORATIONS — 44%
I got paid for several collaborations this month that happened during the holiday season and early this year. As my traffic and social numbers grow, I’m able to charge more and not take on quite as many projects each month which makes my life a bit easier!
PRE-FAB SALES — 10%
This month, my shop sales were pretty good! I had sold equal numbers of the Ultimate Editorial Calendar and pre-made themes. I keep saying I’m going to add more products, but it’s taking me longer than I anticipated.
Traffic went up a bit this month which I always love to see. I had a Instagram that got a lot of attention and drove a lot of traffic to my site earlier this month
LAST MONTH’S GOALS
• Work on Creating Passive Income: This project is still in the works, but making progress. I’m not sure on a launch date, but be on the lookout in the next month or two for that announcement!
• Increase Blog Traffic: My traffic did go up this month and I’m attributing it to Tailwind. I gained over 700 Pinterest followers this month because of this tool and I know that it helped my traffic. I talked about this tool here and it’s a game-changer!
GOALS FOR NEXT MONTH
• Complete Passive Income Project: There’s a lot of components to this, but it’s really starting to come together. I’m hoping that by the end of the month the majority of the work is done and all that’s left is to market it!
• Create a Better Blog Business Plan: I won’t lie, I’ve always been a fly by the seat of my pants blogger. I plan a few weeks in advance, but now that it’s truly growing into it’s own business, I want to sit down and really think about what I want to accomplish this year and how I can go about that. I’m heading to the RewardStyle conference tomorrow and I have a feeling I’ll come back with a better idea of this or at least where to start!
• Stay Ahead: This is especially important for me this month because I have a lot of travel coming up and staying ahead will make my life easier and trips more enjoyable. I also want to stay ahead so that I can focus on finishing up that passive income project!
What goals do you have for your blog this month? Anything you’re working on or trying to accomplish?! Share it in the comments!