It’s Friday and I’m thinking about weekend brunch already. It’s most definitely one of my favorite meals during the weekend. I think the casualness of it all is part of why I love it.
As much as I love going out for brunch, sometimes it’s nice to just stay at home, curled up in your pjs with a cup of coffee and maybe even a good movie. I haven’t had a slow weekend in quite some time, so this is all sounding really good about now.
A few weeks back, I had the breakfast bruschetta at Southport Grocery and decided it was easy enough to recreate at home, and I have to admit, mine was just as good as the restaurant! The recipe is after the jump if you’re feeling lazy or like treating a special someone to breakfast in bed. It comes together really quick, so don’t worry that it’ll take all morning.
On that note, TGIF! What’s on your weekend agenda?
- ciabatta slices
- smoked chicken sausage
- bruschetta topping
- feta cheese
- Slice the chicken sausage and brown in a pan.
- Meanwhile, toast the ciabatta slices.
- Scramble your eggs (I used 2 egg whites and one whole egg) with a bit of salt and pepper and cook.
- Top the toasted ciabatta with eggs, sausage and then scoop the bruschetta topping on top.
- Sprinkle a little feta cheese on top & enjoy!