mé·lange (/māˈlänj/): a mixture, a medley
The first week of 2017 is officially behind us! I had a little trouble getting back into real life mode at the beginning of the week, but by today I’m feeling much more in sync. How about you?
In other news, I decided over the holidays that I wanted to start a new series. In all honesty I haven’t kept up with some of the other ones that I’ve done in the past—oops. But I’m giving it another go! Here’s what inspired me this week, some great sales and stuff to shop and a few life updates.
- Wear This: Love this simple outfit from @mikutas. Recreate the look by pairing these jeans, this sweater (25% off!) and these sneakers! (pin it here)
- Color Crush: We had so many gloomy days this week, and this pink hat made me smile 🙂 (pin it here)
- Interior to Love: I’ve found myself really attracted to green paint in the kitchen lately. Maybe because it reminds me of nature? Either way, this one is perfection! (pin it here)
Sales & Stuff:
- Tessey Booties: I bought these a couple of months ago and have worn them so much. They’re flat and super comfy—they’ll be coming on our next trip!
- Monogram Necklace: I wear simple gold jewelry almost all of the time. One of these sweet monogrammed necklaces would be a perfect addition to my collection.
- Bow Flats: These are classic and so gorgeous! They come in a few different color ways too!
- Zella Leggings: This pair (also in red) is on sale! Is getting in shape part of your New Year’s resolutions? Personally, new workout gear always motivates me!
- Cropped Sweater: Such a steal! I have this sweater in ivory, but this green color is gorgeous. I love it layered over a striped tee like they have shown here.
- Colorblock Sweater: These colors are gorgeous and this cute sweater is on mega sale! Get it before it’s gone!
A few weeks ago we finally went to brunch at Kanela Breakfast Club down in Streeterville. It was so delicious and this location wasn’t busy at all!
I’m finishing week 2 of BBG this week! I technically started 3 weeks ago, but got off schedule with travel and the holidays. This week was tough for me to stay motivated, but I can already tell that I’m getting stronger, so that’s helping.
We made wild rice stuffed acorn squashes this week and they were super tasty and healthy. I didn’t follow any specific recipe, but this one helped for timing. I cooked at 400 degrees and I’d say less time for cooking them once they’re stuffed though, the rice got really crunchy on top.
Last week I had a facial at Cowshed Spa at Soho and it was amazing. If you ever decide to treat yourself, a facial is the way to go! I did the brightening facial and loved it. My skin definitely needed a boost!
I just got a bunch of new hair products from Living Proof and I can’t wait to try them and share with you guys. I was introduced to the brand last year and have used their shampoo, conditioner and dry shampoo since then—so good.
We picked up our supper club once again this week! It’s been so long and the group is much smaller, but it was so nice to disconnect from technology for an evening and catch up with my girlfriends over butternut squash soup, salad and wine.
Happy weekend darlings!