mé·lange (/māˈlänj/): a mixture, a medley
What a week! Seriously though, this one was jam-packed with shoots for work, meet-ups with friends and getting back into BBG (I’m sharing my experience so far next week). I woke up sore this morning and I’m planning on heading to yoga for a sweat sesh that’s more relaxing and then taking it easy the rest of the day. Rob and I are planning to go out tonight to Tango Sur—one of our favorites—that is, if we’re not too tired! On another note, here’s this week’s round-up of random thoughts, inspiration and fabulous finds!
- Wear This: I love this cute boho beachy look from Little Blonde Book! (pin it here)
- Color Crush: This blush pink color is a long time favorite of mine. If only I could get my hands on this dress! (pin it here)
- Interior to Love: Baby blue cabinets paired with marble is surprisingly calming. It’s not a color I would have thought about for cabinets, but I really love it! (pin it here)
Sales, Steals & Stuff:
- These water bottles are my absolute favorite. They keep water cold for 24 hours and having it on my desk all day makes me drink so much more. I’ve been making myself drink more water since the new year and finally my body caught up. Now I drink about 12 8-oz. glasses a day and it’s pretty much all due to this pretty water bottle. I have the 17oz., but would totally recommend the larger size too! Don’t forget to get the cleaning brush too!
- Uhh, Valentine’s Day is coming up fast! I’m usually not someone to buy lingerie, but if I do, this is the time of the year to do it! Anthropologie always has the cutest lingerie and this bra and panty set is under $100—how fun is the red?!
- Cashmere? Under $50?! YES! This gorgeous and classic cashmere scarf is on major sale and comes in a bunch of different colors. This is a major must-have item in your closet. It’ll be perfect for the end of winter and into spring.
- I have a feeling the mules trend is going to be BIG again this year and this pair is so cute and totally affordable. I just snagged this pair with tassels and this suede pair too. Now, I just need it to warm up a bit more!
- Ann Taylor continues to impress me! This off-the-shoulder striped dress is so adorable and perfect for a beach trip. You could add a belt to cinch it in the waist for a little dressier look.
- Do you mask often? It’s become a regular part of my beauty routine. I shared my updated nightly routine earlier this week, and just came across this mask from Fresh that I really want to try! They always have awesome products and this looks perfect for brightening dull winter skin.
If you follow my Insta-Story, you’ll know that I was a guest on my friend, Steph Crowder’s amazing podcast this week! It’s called Courage & Clarity (you can find it on iTunes) and features online female entrepreneurs and each guest has two episodes. The first highlights their story and what gave them the courage to become an entrepreneur, and the second is the clarity part that explains certain steps they took to get them to where they are today—all kinds of juicy business info in there! Make sure to listen!
On Tuesday night, I had dinner with Jess, Kelly & Shaheen at Publican Anker. We’re trying to make this a more regular thing and I love it! It’s such a nice way to catch up with friends and not also have our laptops open at the same time.
Yesterday, I launched Ever Nourished! It’s a healthy eating and living food blog that I started for fun with my sisters. We’re all pretty passionate about cooking health, exercising and generally feeling our best. Both of them wanted a creative outlet, but didn’t have enough time to manage a whole blog on their own, so Ever Nourished was born! I’d love it if you popped over to check it out or even subscribed. We’re planning on posting once a week and easy, healthy recipes will be the main focus!
Last weekend I went to a boozy brunch at Fremont for my friend Meg. She’s moving to Denver soon and any excuse to get a bunch of fun girls together is a good one! This place was definitely wild, and I was quite possibly the oldest person there, but it was still really fun!
This week we tried Green Chef! I’ve tried other dinner delivery boxes before, but so far, this one has been my favorite. Everything is organic, the recipes are unique and exciting and it was healthy! I had so much going on this week, I was so thankful to not have to think about what to cook or having to make a stop at the grocery! I’ll be sharing more about it next week.
The sun came out! Um, this maybe the highlight of the week, haha! Chicago had like 12 straight days of gloom and grey skies, so you can imagine how excited we all were when the sun came out for a few hours this week! I went outside and closed my eyes just to enjoy the warmth of the sun on my face. That’s one of my tips for surviving winter!
Last weekend I went shopping with Rob. He was in desperate need of some new jeans, so we popped over to Nordstrom and he left with two pairs. I also came home with this cute off-the-shoulder dress (shared it on Instagram earlier this week) and this adorable grey t-shirt dress (under $60!) that I can already tell will be worn weekly!
Happy weekend darlings!