mé·lange (/māˈlänj/): a mixture, a medley
This week was a rainy one in Chicago, but I can’t really complain about being holed up all week. I was super productive thanks to the employment of some tips from my friend Steph’s Courage & Clarity podcast. I listened to episodes 15 & 16 last week and they really worked. I highly recommend her podcast to any entrepreneurs or business-minded people! It’s amazing!
On another note, it’s been so long since I’ve done one of these posts and I’ve come across so many good finds lately, so today, I’m sharing! I hope you had a great week and that your weekend is restful and fun!
1. Ann Taylor is killing it with their tops right now! I have to admit it’s been a while since I’ve done much shopping, but I’ve got my eyes on this top (love the detail on the sleeves), this striped one, and this bold one!. Both would be perfect for work paired with nice pants or a pencil skirt, or for the weekend with jeans or denim shorts. If only spring would come to Chicago!
2. Lately I’ve been gravitating towards simpler pieces, possibly because all the rain we had this week is making me tired and solid basics are easy! Ruffles are clearly something I feel strongly about and this cute little tee is such a fun twist on the plain tee! It comes in two more colors and two striped versions!
3. This off the shoulder top is only $64 and I’m in love with the rickraw trim detail! I’ve been seeing a lot of this lately and it’s so whimsical and summery! Takes me straight back to my childhood days. I also love this dress and this resort-ready dress.
4. My sweet friend from high school, Allison, recently sent me a bunch of samples from BeautyCounter. Everything they sell is non-toxic and clean, which makes their products amazing for your skin. I’ve been cleaning up my beauty cabinet and their products quickly becoming some of my favorites! The packaging is also gorgeous too—is it weird that that’s important to me?! I tried (and loved) a bunch of their products, but a few of my favorites are the Charcoal Mask, the Day Cream, and the Balancing Facial Oil.
5. I’m a color lover, but when it comes to art, I really love a good black & white piece. They really pop on white walls and if you have colorful or patterned rugs like we do, it keeps your place from looking too busy. Minted has an amazing budget-friendly selection and this piece is one of my favorites, so simple and interesting!
6. This dress is a total splurge, but I’m in love with it! Dresses with bohemian vibes like this are my all-time favorite and I think it’s about time I invest in one. I’ve also got my eye on this one and this one—both which are more affordable!
7. Spring and summer weddings are on the horizon! To be honest, we don’t have too many this year, but it’s always a good excuse to find a new dress. I’ve been loving dresses with lacy details lately, especially solid ones like this coral one and this baby blue number! The best part, both of these are under $130 making them a great choice for those of you with lots of parties to attend!
8. Dolce Vita is one of my favorite shoe brands because they’re so unique and totally affordable. A lot of their styles actually remind me of Loeffler Randall, but the cost about half that! These blush pink mules are stunning and these sandals are so fun, don’t you think?!
9. One of my favorite brands to shop at Nordstrom is TopShop. Their pieces are always unique and always at the right price point. I’m gushing over this simple blue and white striped dress with cool ruffled sleeve details and a tie waist. It’d pair perfectly with sneakers (like my pink ones!) or wedges!
Happy weekend darlings!