Hey guys, happy Wednesday! This has been one of those weeks where I feel like it’s nearly over and I haven’t accomplished much. Real life has gotten in the way of my work to-do list, but we got a lot of big stuff done this week so I’m feeling good about heading into a new month!
My parents were in town this past weekend which was really fun, but also tiring because we spent the majority of our time organizing our place, building a bed and playing with Owen. I re-read my own sleep post yesterday because I started to feel like my energy was dipping throughout the day. If I stick to those rules, especially turning off all technology and bright lights by 9:30pm, it’s a game-changer for me!
They were here through Monday afternoon, so we went to lunch at Southport Grocery and then walked around and did some shopping before they left. I got these cute little vintage ornaments from Anthropologie for our Christmas tree and this cute pom pom ribbon. Is it weird that I love festive ribbon for the holidays?!
Our sectional and chair from Interior Define arrived yesterday and our place is finally feeling pulled together. Which is good since we’ve only lived here six months, haha! I’m hoping to get the last of my pillows in soon and do a whole post soon!
Now, onto a few things I loved this month:
1. Nike Sweatshirt: I featured this sweatshirt in a post earlier this month, and I’ve been wearing it at least twice a week. I ordered it in black, but they accidentally sent me a bra instead, so I need to reorder that. I’m wearing a small in this post, but I felt like it shrunk a bit in the wash, so for the black, I had ordered a medium!
2. Lip Color 9 to 5: I used to never wear lipstick, but this shade is so perfect for fall and doesn’t dry out my lips. If you need a good go-to color for the holidays, I couldn’t recommend this one more!
3. Fuzzy Sweatshirt: You’ve probably seen me wear this cozy thing, and you should add it to your list for the holidays or just snag it now. It’s so soft and so warm! It’s the ideal sweatshirt for a lazy weekend. Owen also loves petting it, ha!
4. Form Bag: Lately, this is the only bag I’m carrying. It holds my calendar, notebook and laptop for work days and I love that it’s crossbody. I featured it in my capsule wardrobe because it’s one of those classic bags that you’ll continue to use for years and years. It also comes in black and a pretty green color that I almost got instead!
5. Allbirds: These are seriously the best sneakers for mom life. I have the natural grey pair, but really want another. I love the white, but realize those might get trashed quickly (though, they are machine washable!). I also love the “french fry” color, which kinda looks pinkish tan to me.
6. Gemma Mules: I snagged these mules on a whim and have been wearing them a lot. They’re comfortable, look even better as they get worn in and are pretty chic with their pointy toe!
7. Instant Pot: I’ve never owned a slow cooker because we have a Le Creuset Dutch Oven, but Shaheen convinced me I needed an Instant Pot and I’m really glad I bought one! It makes perfect rice, yummy bolognese and most recently I’ve made bone broth (recipe is coming Friday, I promise!). I love making soups and stews in the winter so it’s nice to have homemade, collagen-rich broth on hand. I’ve got two quarts in the freezer still 🙂
8. CB2 Shelves: We had this one awkward corner in our living room that was just collecting junk. Finally I moved the junk and ordered shelves (which could use some better styling) These also come in a taller version FYI!
9. Cozy Vest : Okay, apparently cozy things are on my brain this month, sweatshirts, vests! I wore this vest in this post, but have been layering it over plaid, loungewear and more. It’s a great layering piece and runs TTS.
10. FitBit Versa: Lastly, but not least, my FitBit!! I still can’t believe how much I love this thing! It’s made me so much more active—I purposely go on longer walks in the afternoon if I haven’t gotten many steps in the morning. I also love that it tracks stairs climbed because I climb a LOT since we live on the third floor. And my favorite feature is the sleep tracking. It’s made me so much more aware of what habits result in poor sleep, and which ones result in better sleep. Less wine at night is always better for my sleep and if I don’t work at night, I tend to sleep much harder!
What things did you love this month?! Also, can you believe November is TOMORROW?!