Home for the Holidays
How’s your Friday so far? Maybe you’re already home for Christmas or maybe you’re leaving today—either way, cheers to the weekend, amiright?! We flew into Denver last night and I’m in full on relaxation mode. Today’s post is a little different because I had a lot of random thoughts in my brain, so time to spill…
- I got a mini iPad a few months ago and have been reading a lot more since then. I’m currently reading The Butterfly Garden and Present Over Perfect. Got any more suggestions? If you’re looking for a cute iPad case, I have this one in blush with my initials printed on it. It’s so cute and makes my bedside table a bit more stylish. The iPad cases are available for both regular and mini iPads.
- I’ve been living in my Sorel boots, but the laces broke last week. My boots are technically fine, but I did start looking and fell in love with this pair and this pair. I’ll probably just replace the laces, but it’s fun to dream!
- True Food Kitchen opened in Chicago a few weeks ago and I’m so happy we finally have one! I’ve always felt like Chicago has lacked in healthy options, but we’re slowly getting more and more. If you go, you MUST try the edamame dumplings and the butternut squash pizza—they’re both delicious and super healthy. We also got the cookbook and this week I’ve been making some of these healthy recipes. The kale salad and the spicy shrimp and asian noodles are ah-mazing!
- Have you visited Denver before? The downtown area is so cute! The recently redid Union Station and it’s one of my favorite places to grab dinner or a drink when we’re there.
- I just bought these boots (on sale). They’re a little pricey, but they’re weatherproofed and the color is awesome. They also come in black and they’re really comfortable too!
- Last week we went to Whole Foods for our regular grocery shopping and they were having a mega wine sale. We’ve been loving this Cabernet called Decoy. Kim Crawford was also on sale, so naturally I picked up a bottle of my favorite Sauvignon Blanc! Both are worth a try.
- This cozy blanket scarf has been one of my favorites all year. I wore it earlier this week, after it sort of warmed up, with these classic loafers and a camel coat.
- I’ve been wearing this lipstick constantly. I love the color and it’s more moisturizing than normal lipsticks. I have it in Carnelian, which I can’t find online, but Cherry Bud looks nearly identical!
- It’s been so cold this week that I’ve needed an extra blanket at night. Our current one has holes in it thanks to Oliver from his puppy days and I’m loving this one. I’m obsessed with the chunky knit!!!
- Before we left town, we celebrated a mini Christmas here together. Rob and I didn’t really do gifts (which sort of happened on accident) this year since we’re going on a big trip in January (more on that later). We cooked a yummy meal at home, opened presents from my parents and sisters and watched The Family Man, which is one of our favorite Christmas movies ever!
- We already have a few weddings and travel plans for 2017 and I need to get them on my calendar, but I don’t have one for the new year, but I’ve got my eye on this planner.
- Lastly, I’ve loved reading through all of the responses so far from the reader survey I posted last week. There’s some really great ideas and suggestions in there, so thank you for being SO helpful! If you haven’t filled it out and still want to, today is the last day, you can do so here! I’ll be randomly selecting one entrant for the $250 Nordstrom gift card and announcing it next week!
I’m signing off until next week! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy the time off!
photography by Jules Kennedy