I whipped up this pizza last week and shared it on Instagram. It got a lot of love, so I figured I’d share it! Arugula & prosciutto pizza is my all time favorite, but last week I decided to put a different spin on it. Instead of just topping it with raw arugula, I chopped it up and added a very light and lemony vinaigrette.
The lemon gave it a nice light flavor and made me feel all the better about devouring the entire pizza…. and a glass of wine. It’s a pretty loose recipe, but I rarely measure so please forgive me.
- pizza dough (recipe here)
- fresh mozzarella
- prosciutto, torn into small pieces
- handful of arugula
- lemon wedge
- freshly grated parmesan
- B.R. Cohn Meyer Lemon infused olive oil (regular will work too)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500 degrees. Roll pizza super thin. Sprinkle a pizza peel with cornmeal and place crust on top. Spoon marinara on top and spread evenly. Top with fresh mozzarella. Bake pizza for 10-15 minutes until edges are brown (some ovens are hotter, so it’s good to keep an eye on it!)
- Meanwhile, chop the arugula and toss with a light drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Sprinkle some fresh parmesan, salt and pepper and toss to mix.
- When the pizza is done, remove form oven, add prosciutto slices and then top with salad!
Enjoy your ‘healthy pizza’!