Mélange, No. 4
mé·lange (/māˈlänj/): a mixture, a medley
Today’s mélange is a little bit different because I’ve got one thing on my brain—the beach. You’re next thought might be “oh, I wonder where’s she’s going?”. The answer? No where. Haha! It was about this time last year that I went to Mexico with my mom and I’m desperately wishing we were going again. Winter starts getting really old in mid-February and my mind really starts to wander. There are so many good pieces right now, so today I rounded up my favorites! Please tell me you’re headed somewhere warm soon!
Perfect Resort Pieces:
- Bold Sunnies: For any beach trip, sunnies are a must, but I love an oversized pair to really protect my eyes!
- Annie Wedge: You might remember these shoes from last year. They flew off the shelves and it’s pretty understandable. I love this updated version with perforated suede!
- Palm Dress: How cute is this?! I’m in love with this pattern, but if you’re not into palm trees, it comes in soooo many more colors! Perfect for a spring or summer wedding or just wearing for the weekend.
- Ibiza Beach Bag: Last year I made my own DIY pom pom beach bag, but I really love this one! It’s got pom poms and I love the navy and tan pattern.
- Floral Maxi: I’m a sucker for a good floral dress (I’m obsessed with this one I just got) and I love this maxi one! It’s so feminine and could easily be dressed up or down!
- High Neck Bikini: I’m small-chested and I find that high-neck tops are really flattering on me. The cutout on the back is beautiful! It also comes in a pretty rust-red!
- Moroccan Oil: I have some of this at home and randomly decided to put a little on my dry ends and it did wonders! It’s perfect if you’re going to the beach of the pool where you’re hair will get dried out by chlorine, salt water and the sun. Just rub a little between your hands and smooth over your ends. Don’t do too much because it will make your hair look greasy—I learned the hard way!
- Tie Sleeve Popover: I came across this shirt and just fell in love! It’s so classic and simple, but perfect for warm weather. Pair it with a denim skirt, white jeans for a springy look!
- Huararche Nikes: I spotted these in Nordstrom last week and was like OMG, these are my colors! Wouldn’t a bright pair of kicks make you want to go for a run? Almost?!
- Straw Hat: As I get closer to end of my 20s (wah!), I’ve become more and more concerned with my skin and sun damage. I almost always wear hats at the pool or beach now to keep my face from getting excess sun exposure. This one is simple, but will go with everything!
- Caracas Tote: Another beach bag! I know, but they were both so cute, I had to share! If you like lighter colors, this one is perfect!
- Tassel Wrap Sandal: Umm, do I need to say anything more?! These shoes are absolutely stunning! The color, the styling and TASSELS! Ann Taylor is crushing the shoe game right now!
We had a cleaning service come for the first time ever and it was ah-mazing! I try to keep our place pretty clean, but nothing compares to this kind of clean. Our shower was sparkling and so was the kitchen! Worth every penny!
Last weekend we celebrated Rob’s birthday and his parents flew in as a surprise! I knew about it, but he was shocked! We had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants downtown, Tanta, then met up with friends at the bar at Pump Room (another surprise) for drinks afterward.
This breakfast looks insanely easy and healthy #winwin!
Before we left for Europe, I bought several books to read and I just finished them all—The Nightingale, The Perfume Collector and Watching Edie. They were all good, but The Nightingale was probably my favorite, followed closely by The Perfume Collector. Watching Edie was good too, but a little bit creepy and suspenseful. Have you read any good books lately? If so, leave them in the comments! I need some new ones!
Wednesday I had dinner with Shaheen, Lauren & Emily at Federales. It was so good to catch up with them—I hadn’t seen Emily or Lauren in months! Also, Federales is super yummy and I can’t wait to come back when it’s warm. Their patio is HUGE.
We’re leaving town tomorrow for Arkansas to visit Rob’s grandparents. It was a long week and for whatever reason I had trouble sleeping almost every night. I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend with early bedtimes!
How was your week and what are you doing this weekend?
Happy weekend darlings!