On our honeymoon, we went to Vietnam for part of the trip and it was by far one of my favorite stops along the way. It was beautiful, so unique and the food was incredible! In fact, I think we ate spring rolls and pho every single day and I never got sick of it.
To this day, that meal is still one of my favorites. I had to learn how to make spring rolls at home because they’re such an easy lunch or appetizer. I also love making shrimp spring rolls, and more recently have loved making these simple, light veggie ones.
They’re pretty quick to put together and so tasty and fresh. I know we’ll be making these a ton this summer for backyard parties, which will hopefully be something we don’t have to think twice about soon!
You can easily add rice noodles to these, shrimp, or any other veggies you think sounds good. They’re so versatile! Just don’t skip on the herbs, that takes them to the next level!
Easy Veggie Spring Rolls
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber cucumber, julienned
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1 Tbsp mint
- 4 rice paper wraps
Peanut Sauce (you can also just buy this!)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sriracha, optional
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Soak a rice paper wrap in a little bit of water until soft and pliable. Lay it on a cutting board and fill with everything, then wrap it up tightly like a burrito.
- Finish all your rice paper wraps and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for peanut sauce and whisk together. Add sriracha and water as needed!
That’s it! So simple, so healthy and delicious!