I make a green smoothie every morning! It’s a habit I started a little over a year ago and also one that has made a huge difference in my health. My body now craves a green smoothie, and I’m more than happy to oblige.
Healthy Green Smoothie Bowl
If you struggle to get in your daily greens, this is one of the easiest ways to get more in, plus, with the combination of a little fruit, it totally hits that sweet spot and also helps curb my cravings for sugar. I’ve got a bad sweet tooth!
The biggest difference between a smoothie and a smoothie bowl is the vessel you pour it into, ha! For smoothie bowls, I typically like to make them thicker so I can eat them with a spoon, but if you’re not into that and prefer to just drink it, pour it into a cup. It’ll taste delicious either way.
I’ve been adding turmeric to this bowl too, but if you don’t have it, or prefer it without, it’s totally optional. Turmeric benefits include fighting inflammation, boosting immunity, and it’s also packed with antioxidants.
If you’re wondering about it’s flavor, I don’t think it has a strong flavor. Especially when you only put in a small amount, but if you don’t like it, then skip it! You’ll still be getting tons of health benefits from the spinach, fruit and other ingredients.
As for toppings—these are just suggestions, you can also add any fruit you want on top, plus any seeds and nuts you have. I love that this gives some extra flavor, texture and nutritional benefits to any smoothie bowl. It’s also a great way to use up some of those random things I have in our kitchen!
Healthy Green Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 1 big handful spinach
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 scoop Bulletproof Innerfuel Prebiotic
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, optional
- 1/4 avocado
- unsweetened coconut water (or filtered water) & ice
- unsweetened coconut
- chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in your blender.
- Add liquid, start with about a 1/2 cup.
- Use the tamper to help blend. Then add more liquid as needed and to get desired smoothie thickness!
- Pour into a bowl and top with chia seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes & also blueberries! You can get creative with what you put on top, so if you don’t have these exact ingredients, that’s okay too!
So I hope you guys try this one and love it! It’s a favorite in our house! Make sure to tag me in your Instagram stories and posts if you make it!