As much as I love my morning gut-healing green smoothie, I find that sometimes I get hungry in the late morning, right after Jack wakes up from his first nap around 11am. So, lately I’ve been having this little snack, which could easily be a full breakfast too!
It’s super easy to make and doesn’t have a ton of ingredients. It’s also packed with omega-3s, in fact, they actually contain more omega-3s than salmon. They’re also high in fiber which is amazing for gut health!
I know some people have a funny thing about the texture of chia, but it doesn’t bother me at all. If you don’t have an issue with it, I highly recommend you try it out. It’s delicious, filling and easy to make! You can also make it the night before for a super quick breakfast.
And, if you don’t love the texture, sprinkle some chia seeds in your smoothie. You’ll get the health benefits and when it’s mixed in a smoothie you don’t notice the texture.
Here’s my easy recipe! What I love about this is that you can tailor it to whatever fruit is in season and fresh. Enjoy!
Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other dairy free milk)
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- fruit of choice—I love it with mango, berries, but anything will work!
- unsweetened coconut flakes, optional
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the pudding. Stir to thoroughly mix. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, stir again and refrigerate for 30 more minutes or overnight.
- Stir one final time and top with fruit and coconut flakes!
If you make this, tag me, it’s a good one!