Even though February was a bit shorter of a month, I was excited that my blog income was just a little bit under what I made in January. Especially since the my automatic download sales were down. My affiliate commission was up and the majority of blog income came from sponsored content. Read on to see what else happened last month!
So, without further ado, the February blog income report …
This graph shows my blog income from the past 3 months. I accidentally deleted the old file, so I don’t have the past 9 months anymore, but you can look back at previous income reports to get an idea of where I was last May.
AFFILIATE LINKS — 31%
Affiliate links made up a good chunk of my income this month. As always, this is what I got paid out this month, not what I earned this month. My commission was nearly double this month from last month, so I’ll be looking forward to that paying out in a few months. Crossing my fingers I can keep this trend going! Bluehost was lower than normal. Guess people were waiting for the new year to start their sites.
AD NETWORKS – 1%
Ads continue to be one of those things that continue to bring in a little bit of income, but nothing major. Lijit is working best for me and I don’t have to do anything special, just drop in codes! I also use Mode, but have seen little to no money come in from that which is a bummer. Maybe I shouldn’t have switched… I also did some direct advertising this month which brought in an extra chunk, but it’s nothing that I’ll rely on in the future.
• Mode Media
• Direct Advertising
SPONSORED CONTENT & COLLABORATIONS — 55%
I got paid for several collaborations this month and also secured more for the following month. A lot of these collaborations were on the blog, but several were just social media sponsorships too — another good reason to keep focusing on growing those followings! As my traffic and social following grows, I’m able to charge more for sponsored posts which makes it so that I don’t have to take on as many.
PRE-FAB SALES — 13%
In January I launched a new product to the shop, the Ultimate Editorial Calendar, and it sold like crazy. For good reason though, it’s been the most helpful tool in planning my content and maybe another reason traffic and income grew this month. It didn’t sell quite as well as last month, but I expected that. While the calendar starts in January, the inside pages are fill in the blank, so you can start whenever and not worry about buying it late.
Traffic was good this month too! It was definitely down from January, but I was still really happy with it because January’s traffic boost was huge. A lot of my traffic comes from Pinterest, so I finally invested in a tool to help me grow that platform, more on that in next week’s post!
Whoops! I forgot to record these at the end of January, so I don’t know how much they’ve grown this month. They did grow though, so that’s good!
LAST MONTH’S GOALS
• Get Ahead! I think this actually happened! Like I mentioned, I’m about a week and a half ahead on scheduled blog posts and also have my editorial calendar planned for the next month. Overall, I’m feeling so much more organized (big thanks to the Ultimate Editorial Calendar) and like I actually have a real game plan for growing my blog this year.
• Increase Blog Income: My commission grew a lot this month too and to be honest, I’m not sure why. I do hope this trend continues. The pre-fab shop also did well which makes sense for January, but hopefully it will continue throughout this next month.
LAST MONTH’S GOALS
• Plan Instagram Strategically: I definitely did this and saw a boost in sales from LikeToKnow.It. This continues to be one of the best ways to monetize for me, so I’ll continue to push hard on this one!
• Launch New Pre-Fabs: Totally forgot about this. Whoops, it’s just not a priority for me right now.
• Do More Outfit Posts: Last week I featured a few extra outfit posts. I’m still trying to find the right balance, but I feel like I’m getting closer each week!
• New Feature Page Launched: Wow, totally forgot about this! I’m putting this one on the backburner right now because it’s not crucial to my growth and I don’t know that it will convert very well.
GOALS FOR NEXT MONTH
• Work on Creating Passive Income: This is a huge one and one I’ve thought about a lot. I’m finally diving in and taking action! I’mworking on a really exciting project that should provide me with passive income for months to come. Well, that’s the goal at least. I’m hoping that by the end of April, it’ll be ready to launch — stay tuned!
• Increase Blog Traffic: Traffic brings more eyes and more eyes typically translates to more commission. My traffic has been slowing climbing up over the years, but this month I’m really hoping to get new eyes on my site and grow my readership by bringing in the right readers.
What goals do you have for your blog this month? Anything you’re working on or trying to accomplish?!